Monday, December 8, 2008

favorite love letter: part one

10:30am
Jesus~
Meet with me this morning. I miss your face and I need to be reassured of your love. I believe I can see it in the faces of the people around me. Help me remember to look. Who am I and what is my family that you have brought me this far? Thank you that I am more aware of grace today than I was before. Show me something new about you today that I can keep with me as I go about the things you have given me to accomplish. Cause me to think of you often and to love you more.

10:52am
In French Kiss, Kate's (Meg Ryan) ex-boyfriend Michael, looks desperately at her as they dance in Paris and says, "It's like someone turned the light on inside you!. Oh why wasn't it me?" Yea, this is really what was going through my head as I read through Ephesians! But here's why - "I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the wonderful future (God) has promised to those he has called." (1:18) I am chosen. I am loved. He has promised me a secure future together. He has given me evidence of his promise in the gift of the Holy Spirit. And he has turned the light on inside me. "For though (my) heart was once full of darkness, now (I) am full of light in the Lord, and (my) behavior should show it. For this light within me produces only what is right and good." (5:8-9) Apparantly he also points me out as an example of his wealth, favor and kindness (2:7). I think I just got the depth of answer I was looking for to the question from week 2..."as shown in all he has done for (me) through Christ Jesus" (2:7).

And I am back to the masterpiece of the cross.

No comments: