Monday, July 27, 2009

snippets

p 276. ... one of the hard lessons in life: the best way to strip the allure and dreaminess from a lifelong dream is, very often, to have it come true.

p. 327. The cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately, or in the long run. - Thoreau

p. 514. Because what good are brains....and how is one thought any better than another if you haven't got a sixth sense, a heart, a center to sort them out with?

p. 537. In a voice that carries the way flat beer tastes...

p. 638. Our greatest fears, like our greatest hopes, often come to nothing.

p. 641. There's not much more I can say without stepping into the beginnings of stories that belong to other people.

the brothers K
david james duncan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear that I would love your new home, complete with goats and chickens :) Hope I get to visit you sometime soon!